Tuesday, April 26, 2011

PVS-24 IWNS-I2 AN/PVS-24 PVS24

I was able to hold a PVS-24 in my hands the other week and I must say it is a really compact and impressive system. While I did not get to test it out on the range, my impression was that it was probably a well performing sight. You know how you can just tell when something feels right? The PVS-24 is one of those things.

Like the PVS-22, the PVS-24 is designed for use in conjunction with existing day sights to allow rapid transition between day and night operations with the need to re-boresight. The system has demonstrated range performance out to 600 meters to enhance the operator's ability to effectively engage targets at night or under low light conditions such as dusk or dawn. The AN/PVS-24 is also a combat proven system that provides the user a flexible, effective tool for conducting night tactical operations. The Morovision website has some pretty good specs on it: PVS-24 Clip-On Night Vision Sight

It is my understanding that the PVS-24 comes with either an L3 tube inside of it, or an ITT tube inside. I always recommend an ITT tube. Reasons being that ITT gets the Omnibus contracts which support our military.

The PVS-24 was developed and manufactured by Insight Technologies, but you can get it from several different sources depending on the tube you want inside. It is a popular clip-on sight for a reason.